Monday, January 9, 2012

MTV Buzzworthy Blog: New Song: Jay-Z Featuring B.I.C, 'Glory'

MTV Buzzworthy Blog
Blog about pop music, pop videos, pop stars, and pop culture from inside the MTV headquarters in Times Square.
New Song: Jay-Z Featuring B.I.C, 'Glory'
Jan 9th 2012, 19:56

Just two days old, Blue Ivy Carter's already got her first feature. In the tearjerkingly sweet tradition of Stevie Wonder's "Isn't She Lovely?", "Glory" shows off audio samples of some cutie-pie cooing from Jay-Z and Beyonce's brand new baby daughter (whom Hov quickly proclaims to be "a younger, smarter, faster me"). She's also the "B.I.C." in question -- get it?

With a Neptunes-produced beat that's whisper-soft and lullaby-gentle (but still totally smokin'), "Glory" serves as a love song from the proud papa to Blue Ivy. "Baby, I'll paint the sky blue," he promises in the intro, just before letting her know that "my greatest creation was you." Later in the track, Jigga reveals that Beyonce previously suffered a miscarriage, then offers up some sage advice to B.I.C ("Everybody goes through stuff/Life is a gift, love, open it up").

What's sweetest about the song is Jay's undeniable awe at how happy "the most beautifulest thing in this world" has already made him. "You're my child with the child from Destiny's Child," he raps in the final verse. "That's a hell of a recipe." We couldn't agree more.

+ Listen to Jay-Z Featuring B.I.C, "Glory."

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment