Tuesday, January 10, 2012

MTV Newsroom: Justin Bieber Talks Singing Songs About Sex, Drugs And Rock’n’Roll

MTV Newsroom
This is the MTV Newsroom Blog
Justin Bieber Talks Singing Songs About Sex, Drugs And Rock'n'Roll
Jan 10th 2012, 20:04

In the new issue of V magazine, Justin Bieber not only opens up about his views on God and religion but also talks a bit about the image he hopes to portray in his music.

"I'm not going to try to conform to what people want me to be or go out there and start partying, have people see me with alcohol. I want to do it at my own pace," Bieber says in the issue, which he also graces the cover of (via Usmagazine.com). "I don't want to start singing about things like sex, drugs and swearing. I'm into love, and maybe I'll get more into making love when I'm older. But I want to be someone who is respected by everybody."

Bieber goes on to wax philosophical a bit more about his career and thankfully less about "making love." (He is like a little brother to us!) "I want to be successful and be great at what I do. But eventually, I want to become the best at what I do," Bieber tells V. "I want to be better than anybody who's ever done it. And in order to do that, I need to strive to be the best, be good to people and treat people with respect, and work as hard as I can. Because for me, I work so hard and this consumes my life – it's not worth it if I'm not the best."

Interestingly enough, when Boyz II Men stopped by to talk to us about working with Bieber on Under The Mistletoe, they relayed that "He told us his mom didn't want him to sing 'I'll Make Love to You,' so he'd sneak and go sing it somewhere," Wanya Morris said. "It's also good to know we've influenced such a good artist. It's something that makes us feel we've accomplished [something and] we're doing our job, [that] a guy so young and so into his craft [is] influenced by three guys from Philadelphia that love to sing."

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment